Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finally Here!


After what ended up being a fifteen hour wait in the Roanoke airport, we are FINALLY here!
You can read about our ordeal in the local news:

Basically, we woke up at about 5:30 am to catch our Friday morning flight and ended up finally getting to my parents' house in Florida at 3:30 am the following day. Claire slept maybe an hour and a half total the entire day. Amazingly, she was in excellent spirits the whole time. She actually thought a whole day of a room full of people excited to play with her and mommy's undivided attention was loads of fun. When we finally got home she crashed, slept hours and took a seven hours worth of naps today. I think she's slowly getting back on her schedule. Thanks so much to all the people who called to check on us! Sorry I ignored some calls and couldn't talk long. I was rationing my cell phone battery.
(My charger was in my checked luggage.)

There will be lots of photos to follow of our time in Florida. In the meantime, I leave you with some photos of my family's renovated fish camp. It's looking beautiful with all the new landscaping.

No comments: